On today’s podcast, Russ and Mika are back in the studio fresh off Design Pickle’s debut US conference Picklecon!
In today’s episode, Russ and Mika are talking all things Picklecon 2019, Design Pickle’s inaugural US conference for creative entrepreneurs in Scottsdale, Arizona last month. We’ll hear from each of their perspectives: Russ on what it’s like to create and run an event, and Mika who was a guest speaker and got to see it from more of an attendee role.
The theme of this year’s event was “Profit. Automation. Scale.” But Russ says Picklecon is not like most other conferences you may see people attending in your Instagram feeds, and talks about why Picklecon is focused more on personal development, as well as just business goals.
Russ and Mika are both avid conference attendees, traveling not only across the country but around the world for both personal and professional development events. We’ll hear how they pick conferences, the value of both smaller, boutique events vs. larger, more broad events, and how growth comes from connecting with others in person, not from sitting behind a screen.
**Due to some issues during our recording session, parts of episodes #56 & #57 might be hard to hear. Sorry for the inconvenience, and we’ll be back to normal soon!**
In this episode, you will learn:
• The 4 things Russ believes every creative entrepreneur has
• The importance of empowering experiences in terms of your career
• How to find events that will most suit your needs
• The pros and cons of boutique events (200-300 people) vs. giant conferences
Mentioned in this episode:
• Russ Perry on Instagram
• Mika Perry on Instagram
• The Sober Entrepreneur by Russ Perry
• The Russ Perry Show
• Entrepreneur Magazine
• Oprah Super Soul Sundays Podcast: David Brooks episode
• Waterloo Sparkling Water – Grape
• Valentino Rock Stud Sandals
• Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus, Diplo – Old Town Road (Diplo Remix)
• Hotel Valley Ho dessert – The Showstopper
• John from the Apple Store in Scottsdale Quarter
• SaaS Academy
Do you have questions, comments or suggestions for this show? Send us an email at Hello@GoodtoBeHomePodcast.com!