On today’s podcast, Russ and Mika discuss Russ’s debut book The Sober Entrepreneur.
“The Sober Entrepreneur is an unedited tale of Russ Perry’s journey from the bottom of the bottle to the top of a seven-figure empire in less than three years. Discover the ultimate life hack on living life to its fullest potential. This book’s powerful tale will uncover the exact steps Russ took to forever change his family tree.”
Fans of the show may or may not know that Russ and Mika are both sober. And in 2017, a few years into his sobriety, Russ published his first book The Sober Entrepreneur, about his struggles to balance work, life, and combat addiction.
Now almost 6 years sober, Russ calls the book not only an obligation to his family, but a resource for those who might be going through a similar situation.
Russ says for you to succeed as an entrepreneur you need to be addicted to a belief, a characteristic that if not controlled right, could lead to addiction in other forms.
He says the decision to write the book was extremely personal, and in this episode, you’ll hear more about the legacy he hopes his story will leave, a few takeaways from other people who have read it, and a bit more about Russ and Mika’s decisions to get sober.
PLUS if you sign up for the Good To Be Home Podcast newsletter below, you’ll receive a FREE PDF copy of the book!
In this episode, you will learn:
• About Russ’s writing process
• Why Russ & Mika haven’t discussed the book in depth on the podcast before
• Why Russ was nervous for Mika to first read his book
• How the book became a collaborative effort (or, why you need co-writers)
Mentioned in this episode:
• Russ Perry on Instagram
• Mika Perry on Instagram
• The Sober Entrepreneur by Russ Perry
• The Sober Entrepreneur on Amazon
• The Russ Perry Show
• Martha Stewart Magazine
• Fast Company Magazine
• Better Homes & Garden Magazine
• Travel + Leisure Magazine
• Bon Appetite Magazine
• Moleskine Journal
• Better Than Happy Podcast with Jodie Moore
• Broccolini with Lemon, Parmesan and Sea Salt
• Neon Sweater from Free People
• The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*** by Mark Manson
• Everything is F****d by Mark Manson
• Blame It On My Youth by Blink 182
• Pita Jungle Falafel Salad
• Moment Anamorphic Lens & Lens Case for iPhone
• Peter Shankman
• Laura Hanly (Co-Writer of The Sober Entrepreneur)
• Insurgent Publishing
• The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield
Do you have questions, comments or suggestions for this show? Send us an email at Hello@GoodtoBeHomePodcast.com!