On today’s podcast, Mika chats with Rachel Nielson of the 3 in 30 Podcast about motherhood and acknowledging the pressures we put on ourselves as parents.
One of Mika’s favorite podcasts to listen to is 3 in 30, a 30-minute show for busy moms with 3 clear cut takeaways (or what Mika calls “knowledge bombs”) on parenting struggles and strategies.
Mika was a guest on Rachel’s show not too long ago, and now we are welcoming her to Good To Be Home!
What Mika admires most about this show is Rachel’s ability and willingness to go deep on topics that may not be tackled on other shows, like what to do when you don’t like playing with your kids, how religion can affect your ideas of what a mom should be or how Rachel is happier as a mom when she is still working.
An English teacher turned mom turned podcaster, Rachel now has over 80 episodes of 3 in 30 aiming to help moms “manage the madness and maximize the magic of motherhood.”
Mika and Rachel discuss 3 of Mika’s favorite episodes of 3 in 30, how to bring more positivity into your social media feeds, and how to deal with that inner critic that always seems to be nagging inside.
SIGN UP for Mika and Rachel’s one day workshop Declutter Your Motherhood on Saturday, September 21st in Phoenix, Arizona! The event is for moms to connect with other moms while working to declutter on the inside and on the outside. Learn how to declutter your schedule, your expectations as a mom, your limiting beliefs and your physical space – leaving room to do add much more joy to your days.
In this episode, you will learn:
• How Rachel started her podcast
• The power of social media and tailoring your feeds
• Why you should “stop collecting gurus” online
• How to be a stay at home mom when you enjoy working
Mentioned in this episode:
• Russ Perry on Instagram
• Mika Perry on Instagram
• The Sober Entrepreneur by Russ Perry
• The Russ Perry Show
• 3 in 30 Takeaways For Moms
• 3 in 30 on Instagram
• 3 in 30 Episode 68: Healing After Betrayal in your Marriage // Mika Perry of ‘Good To Be Home’ Podcast
• 3 in 30 Episode 74: How to Be the Mom You Are – Instead of the Mom You Think You Should Be // Julie Bastedo
• 3 in 30 Episode 79: How To Be A Better Friend Instead of Just Being Friendly // Brooke Romney
• Power of Moms Blog: What If I Don’t Like Playing With My Kids? by Rachel Nielsen
• 3 in 30 Episode 52: Three Ways I’ve Changed Because of 3 in 30 (And I Hope You’ve Changed Too!)
• Podcast University
• About Progress Podcast with Monica Packer
• Emily P. Freeman
• GTBH Episode #54: Dealing With Negativity
Do you have questions, comments or suggestions for this show? Send us an email at Hello@GoodtoBeHomePodcast.com!